Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker[_6_] Steve Barker[_6_] is offline

Default New Homelite Trimmer Won't Start

On 6/5/2012 11:53 AM, Hank wrote:
On Jun 5, 11:33 am, Steve wrote:
On 6/5/2012 4:41 AM, Hank wrote:

On Jun 4, 9:01 pm, Steve wrote:

in the future, i've found the best way to "unflood" a two stoke is to
take the plug out, hook the wire back to it, lay it against the hole it
belongs in, and yank that rope!. You'll get a little fire and then
none, and you'll be dried out in a flash. No pun intended.

--
Steve Barker

That is dangerous and really unneeded. A person has to get the gas out
of the crankcase too, not just the cylinder. To get the gas out of the
crankcase, you must pull the starter multiple times. Even then it must
sit and evaporate to get it into the "flammable range" ( air to fuel
ratio). Your way is even more difficult if the carb is still operating
and flowing more gas into the crankcase with every pull.

Hank

believe me, it works and is not dangerous. I've done it thousands of
times in the course of my job. (I worked at a lawn and landscape place
with hundreds of pieces of two stroke equip) And the fuel mix is passed
from the crankcase during rope pulling just as it would be during normal
operation. And the fuel mix being pulled through is minimal and of the
proper proportion if the choke is open.

--
Steve Barker

Let me get this straight..............

It spits out an unknown amount of gasoline that is on fire and it
isn't dangerous? You've done it a thousand times?

Hank~~~~~~ ain't buyin what Steve is selling

Well, maybe not THOUSANDS... I worked at the place 12 years and
probably did it an average of once a day. And there can't be TOO much
gasoline in there or they would hydrolock.

--
Steve Barker