Posted to alt.home.repair

Default New Homelite Trimmer Won't Start

I always figure I can prime more later, but it's hard to unprime. So, I
start with the smaller number of bulb pushes. I know of no formula. Would be
too easy, if there were.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"frank1492" wrote in message
I will be very careful not to prime too much next time, though the
instructions on the Homelite clearly say "10 times." Unlike the kid, I
won't be doing it twice (2X10.) But what do you do when you have left
the trimmer off for just a while, say an hour, and it won't start on
the first pull? Do you then guess and prime it, say, 5 times? Is there
a rule of thumb for varying engine-off times?