Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Cover for fry-pan

On Jun 5, 12:56*pm, bob haller wrote:
On Jun 5, 2:29*am, micky wrote:

I need to make a cover for a fry-pan, with a glass window. * I have a
"universal" cover, but it doesn't work well. * In fact I've been using
a double layer of tin foil that works just as well.

I recently bought a set of fry-pans, moderately expensive, not the
cheap stuff I usually get.

The mediums sized pan has a cover, a glass cover, but the little one I
use more has nothin'. * And there are few if any 8" pans for sale with
covers.

I figured I'd make one out of wood and glass. *Maybe I'll rout a
little ledge for the glass to sit on, or I'll use some sort of molding
on top. *Maybe I'll also glue it on with PC-7 or *JB weld .

Any reason not to use plywood? *The glue won't drip into my food, will
it?

What kind of glass do you think I need? * *I presume window glass will
break, if it gets even moderately unevenly hot, or if I hit it
accidentally. . * *I have a piece of thicker glass from a flat-bed
computer scanner. * And somewhere I have a much thicker piece of glass
from a Royal photocopier, about 35 years old. * I gather it's hard to
cut old glass -- *and this thick would be even harder??

How hard would it be to cut it in a circle. * If necessary I can use a
square, or a hexagon.

Thanks.

I use a cookie sheet it works well..... and fits all pans- Hide quoted text -

Your cookie sheets have glass windows?