Posted to alt.home.repair
Elle[_2_] Elle[_2_] is offline

Default Removing Old Latex Paint from Concrete Floor

Has anyone else used this?

Pour a pool of latex paint from a can you do not need anymore onto the
concrete floor section you want to strip of the dried latex paint.
Wait until it is dry to the touch (a few hours or overnight or even a
few days). Peel off with a putty knife.

I happened on this while cleaning latex paint splatters from my living
room walls onto the concrete floor and seeing how easily the
relatively new splatters just peeled off and left the underlying floor
free of the old, dried, otherwise super hard to remove latex. I am
prepping the floor for laying groutable, peel and stick tile.