Posted to alt.home.repair

Default New Homelite Trimmer Won't Start

Fahr in de hole!

I've seen other people flood an engine, and then try to start it by further
flooding it. Very common thought process.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Steve Barker" wrote in message
Without choking, I depressed the throttle and the engine started
immediately.
So it appears Hank and some others were right. The engine must
have been severely flooded.

Once again thank you all. I intend to do penance by running the
trimmer against my bare leg for one-half hour.
Frank

in the future, i've found the best way to "unflood" a two stoke is to
take the plug out, hook the wire back to it, lay it against the hole it
belongs in, and yank that rope!. You'll get a little fire and then
none, and you'll be dried out in a flash. No pun intended.

--
Steve Barker