Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Carolee Carolee is offline

Default DVD burner screwed by 2nd burner added to system

On 05/31/12 12:29, mike wrote:
Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone out there would have a remedy to apply to my
LG
(GH22NP20) dvd burner. It's been working fine since I got it about 3
years ago,
Until yesterday, when I added a Lite-on DH-20A4P.

After burning a couple dvds with Lite-on burner, I tried reading them
with the LG burner, which worked fine at first, but on the 3rd one I
tried the LG wouldn't play it, though the Lite-on one still worked.

Then I tried to burn one with the LG burner and it made a coaster(you
can see on the disc where it stopped burning about a third of the way
through.

Using 'StartSmart' by Nero, the 'InfoTool' app still shows the LG as a
DVD-RAM drive, but the drive no longer will read DVDs, but will read
CDs still.

I have the original disc that came with the LG but apparently no
drivers on it. I tried deleting and re-detecting the drives in device
manager, to no avail...the Lite-on still works just fine, I
disconnected it to see if doing so I'd be able get the LG one going
again, but no luck so far.

the 'puter's an older P4 system with Ex-Pee on it - anyone got any
ideas?

TIA,
Mike

One of the burners should be set to "Master" and other one should be set
to "Slave", you 6 year old's ass licker.