Posted to rec.woodworking
Unquestionably Confused Unquestionably Confused is offline

Default Impact driver Drill/Driver Kits

On 6/4/2012 9:20 PM, Bill wrote:

I noticed that Menards has this impact driver kit on sale for $229.
Bosch 26618-01 18-Volt Lithium-Ion Impact Drill/Driver Kit

It's practically like getting 2 drills in one.

http://www.amazon.com/Bosch-26618-01...=2VMX7XEQ4VJA4

It comes with 2 batteries (overkill for me).

Menard's has some damn fine sales on Bosch tools from time to time. The
quality is great and the prices (on sale) are not to be believed.

I had picked up several of their reconditioned tools through my brother
who is employed by another division of Robert Bosch. Even better prices.

This past weekend, SWMBO spotted a 18v 3/8" drill on sale for $99
(regular $149.00) that came with two li-ion batteries, case & charger
and a rebate in the form of TWO additional batteries by mail. So...
that gave me four batteries (already had another Bosch drill that takes
the same batteries), another drill and charger for... Hell, the
batteries alone sell for $80 each so $320 in batteries for $99...
What's not to like?

Went back to pick something up yesterday and spied another deal. 12v
li-ion drill/driver for $66. Yep... two batteries and charger that work
with my small impactor and multi-tool.

Oh yeah, Bosch offers these with their "Pro Vantage" warranty. The
whole kit and caboodle is warrantied for three years.