Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
John Larkin[_3_] John Larkin[_3_] is offline

Default Indicator relay post-mortem.

On Mon, 4 Jun 2012 18:41:30 +0100, "Ian Field"
wrote:

Its a 2-terminal relay for a motorcycle, after adding an earth lead so I
could fit a car type; I then discovered that the intermittent operation was
due to a corroded connector block hidden under the tank.

After breaking up the epoxy potting I found the old relay was blameless.

The circuit could probably be adapted for 6V with a logic level MOSFET - but
would need 2 in parallel to handle twice the current (don't forget filament
cold resistance surge!).

Now *that* is an application for a 555!

--

John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom laser drivers and controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links
VME thermocouple, LVDT, synchro acquisition and simulation