Posted to uk.d-i-y
scorched scorched is offline

Default Wiper motor

"Gib Bogle" wrote in message
On 5/06/2012 9:07 a.m., Clive George wrote:
On 04/06/2012 22:03, Gib Bogle wrote:

While testing things I noticed my battery voltage was very high (I'd
just been running the engine). With the engine running the charging
voltage is about 19v. A new, probably more serious, problem. It's a bit
of a coincidence, so I'm wondering if they are linked. Could the high
battery voltage have caused the motor to fail? I'm familiar with low or
no voltage from the alternator, but I don't know what can cause a high
voltage.

Buggered regulator innit? Which translates as new alternator time.

If you've got 19v in your car, time to sort it and fast

I am not starting the engine again until it's fixed. I hope it hasn't
caused other damage already.

You also have to watch these "tyre" places. I forget the details (it's been
quite a while) but I had a voltage problem. They 'bunged' on 12V and zilch,
so they 'bunged on' 24V (before I could stop them). Fortunately still zilch
else I may have had every piece of equipment in the camper shagged. I can't
remember what the problem was. I think I lost 1 x 12v bulb. Bloody kids who
don't care a ****.