Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARWadsworth ARWadsworth is offline

Default Apprentice bollockings for this week

Rod Speed wrote:
jgharston wrote
ARWadsworth wrote

1. Not doing the weekly vehicle checks [1] properly
and letting vans go out with bald tyres.

A good habit I've got into is to do a once-over every time I get
fuel.

They don't go bald quickly enough to warrant checking that often IMO.

But you are refering to your car. And you probably take care of it and know
how it runs.

These are company vans that they are checking. No driver will ever own up to
kerbing the van and knocking out the tracking (someone else did it). It does
not take long for bad tracking to scrub tyres and make the tyres illegal.

You also probably know if the engine burns a little oil and needs a litre
top up every 20000 miles. These pillocks will run the enginge until it
siezes up due to lack of oil or water. They will never look at the dash
warning lights or temperature gauge. They do not care as it is not their
van.

--
Adam