Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Wiper motor

On Mon, 04 Jun 2012 13:20:07 +1200, Gib Bogle wrote:

The wiper fuse blew on my Toyota Camry wagon when I activated the rear
wiper. I've taken the motor off and looked inside - no obvious
problems. I'm wondering what electrical testing I can do with an
ohmmeter. The complication is the relay unit, which has six
connections. I'm not sure how it operates.

How many connections to the motor unit? See if you can find the
electrical diagrams on the 'net. Does the rear wiper doe "clever"
things like come on automagically when you go into reverse and the
main wipers are on? That could explain the number of wires to the
relay box, though I'd expect that sort of thing to be done by a BCU
these days.

--
Cheers
Dave.