Posted to cam.misc,uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Portable Appliance Testing?

"tony sayer" wrote in message
In article , Roland Perry
scribeth thus
In message op.wfbjsjm9loxewg@duncan-tosh, at 09:42:09 on Sun, 3 Jun
2012, Duncan Wood remarked:
£10million Insurance? I can work anywhere apart from nuclear power
stations and chemical works, and only need £2million pounds.

Your insurance provides cover for you almost everywhere but I think it
is quite common for councils and other public bodies to require £m5 of
£m10 public liability insurance. It is a bit of a barrier to small
firms but I can also see that £m2 ain't going to cover the damages that
can be caused in a school, leisure centre, town hall etc.

HOwever it's a very cheap extension to yur insurance if you want it.

The cheapness shows how little coverage it provides, once you fully
understand what failings (by the insured) are and aren't included.

You would hope prolly expect that any large venue would have insurance
cover to well, cover adverse events happening. Surely they don't depend
an any performer turning up and relying on their insurance to cover them
for that amount or has the world indeed gone more liability mad in
recent times;!...

More likely as someone suggested, they are just trying to
discourage anyone from using their own musos when its
illegal to say that you must use theirs.