Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default OT Windows 7 and Email Client

"Jethro_uk" wrote in message
On Fri, 01 Jun 2012 22:58:25 +0100, John Rumm wrote:

On 01/06/2012 12:47, Jethro_uk wrote:

Given what you have said, my advice would be get a powerful PC, install
*nix, install VMBox. Install XP to a virtual machine, and just run the
virtual machine.

or just install XP on the new machine and cut out the middle man?

(seems to be adding complexity for no gain in functionality)

It's much quicker to roll back a virtual machine than it is revert to a
saved image. And if you intend using XP as your main OS, you should
be prepared to revert to original install every 3 months or so.

I never ever had to do that at all and used it much more intensively than
you do.