Posted to cam.misc,uk.d-i-y
A.Lee A.Lee is offline

Default Portable Appliance Testing?

Michael Kilpatrick wrote:

Like any sane person I have a healthy
disdain for our litigious and insurance-mad society. However, on this
occasion it seems that the venue has a certain view. Interestingly, last
June I played for the very same client who hired the BAFTA club at 195
Piccadilly, and they never asked for any of this nonsense, thankfully.
Perhaps they actually bother to insure themselves properly, as a venue?

Snip.

I'd say it was the venue not wanting you there.
I arrange an annual dinner for our Club, last year I asked if we can
bring our own disco. Yes, was the answer, so long as the disco man
brings in, beforehand, his CRB credentials (or pays if he hasnt got it),
his insurance, and his licence from the Performing Rights Society, and
something else that I cannot remember now, but they wanted proof that he
had bought the music, rather than downloaded it free.

It all adds up to them wanting to use their own in-house disco, they
cannot refuse you playing there, but put obstacles in your way to stop
it.

£10million Insurance? I can work anywhere apart from nuclear power
stations and chemical works, and only need £2million pounds.

Alan.