Posted to alt.home.repair
Jon Danniken[_7_] Jon Danniken[_7_] is offline

Default New Homelite Trimmer Won't Start

On 06/02/2012 11:34 AM, zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
On Sat, 02 Jun 2012 08:32:55 -0700, Jon Danniken wrote:

One thing you have to realize is that they typical Homelite purchaser is
not going to be an experienced two-cycle engine user. They will be less
likely to properly mix the gas, they might keep it too long (ie, not use
the mix within a month), they will be more likely to leave gas sitting
in the tank, and they will be more likely to forego the routine
maintenance (air filter and spark plug) that any two-cycle motor requires.

Use gas within a month? Who does that? ...particularly 2-cycle mix (I was
lucky to use a gallon in a year, so bought a 4-cycle trimmer).

I mix mine up by the pint. One pint is about 500mL, so adding 10mL from
a into the 500mL gives me a 50:1 mix. Between the trimmer and the saw I
use it up within a month (or two if I'm being lazy, but I use the oil
with the stabilizer in it).

Jon