Posted to uk.d-i-y
Sam Plusnet Sam Plusnet is offline

Default Apprentice bollockings for this week

In article 580f65e2-2849-4d6e-9ba9-
,
says...

ARWadsworth wrote:
1. Not doing the weekly vehicle checks [1] properly and letting
vans go out with bald tyres.

A good habit I've got into is to do a once-over every time I get fuel.

Apprentices do not get paid travel time.

I don't know anybody who gets paid for travel time to/from work.
Your pay starts when you start work, and finishes when you finish
work. I know there are some jobs where you can get your travel
expenses paid, but you don't get wages for sitting on the bus for
an hour.

There's two different things going on here.

Travel from home to Company - no payment, fair enough.

Travel from Firm's base to work-site is (often) a different matter.

--
Sam