Posted to uk.d-i-y
H. Neary H. Neary is offline

Default Apprentice bollockings for this week

On Sat, 02 Jun 2012 18:00:23 +0100, Tim Streater
wrote:

In article ,
H. Neary wrote:

One in particular where an electrical commissioning Engineer
valved of the delivery of a pump I was calibrating.

What does this mean? Is it even English?

Valved off = closed the valve on the delivery side of a pump. [ Bad
move, increases pressure].

Electrical commissioning Engineer = Person with an electrical
qualification that gets a project working.

Delivery = output

Pump = see Wikipedia

Calibrating = comparing perfomance with a known standard.

I sincerely hope this is of assistance. Do you not think that this NG
is maybe a little outside your abilities BTW?

HN