Posted to sci.electronics.repair
klem kedidelhopper klem kedidelhopper is offline

Default Towards the goal of a truly universal IR remote control

On Jun 2, 6:04*am, "William Sommerwerck"
wrote:
To make a long story short -- no. It doesn't work that way. Simply reading
the IR receiver's response to the wrong codes isn't going to tell us what
the correct codes are.

It would have helped if you told us the make and model. Many products use
the codes of their manufacturer, not the company that sells them.

And PLEASE learn how to write simple, clear sentences. It's worth the
trouble.

William
I think that what you wrote to Mr. Cook is really very insulting. Some
people, and very intelligent ones at that just have a little trouble
with the written word, and other seemingly simple tasks. My son is 28
and is a design engineer with Velcro. He was born with a form of
dyslexia which among other things affects directionality. He still has
trouble recognizing his left and right, and probably will all his
life. I receive job applications from professional people at times
that are absolutely appalling. Believe me that I was no English major
either. However that is certainly no barometer of a person's
capabilities, or intelligence for that matter. None of us are perfect,
and if that is what you desire, then perhaps you should pick and
choose a bit more carefully to whom you communicate with on this
group. Lenny