Posted to alt.home.repair
Home Guy Home Guy is offline

Default Drop a bomb on congress

" wrote:

I suppose Canada being a utopian paradise, has no such
incentives, right?

Nowhere near the scale of incentives in the US.

Canadian cities and counties are not allowed to run budget
deficits. So their ability to fund incentives or give tax
breaks for companies to locate new facilities (or expand
existing ones) is very limited.

Who cares where it comes from?

You should care (if you want to support your argument).

Because the availability of incentive dollars shrinks when you take out
important players at the local level.

It's still freaking Canada:

(web link)
Other Incentives
When combining the federal SR&ED tax credits with provincial
research and development tax incentives

I know exactly what those are, because I've written "SHRED" claims for
my company for the past 10 years.

And shred has absolutely nothing to do with luring new companies to
build plants or operate facilities in Canada.

What you have to do is give them tax breaks. That rarely happens in
Canada.