Posted to uk.d-i-y
Frank Erskine Frank Erskine is offline

Default Apprentice bollockings for this week

On Fri, 1 Jun 2012 12:56:32 -0700 (PDT), jgharston
wrote:

ARWadsworth wrote:
1. Not doing the weekly vehicle checks [1] properly and letting
vans go out with bald tyres.

A good habit I've got into is to do a once-over every time I get fuel.

Apprentices do not get paid travel time.

I don't know anybody who gets paid for travel time to/from work.
Your pay starts when you start work, and finishes when you finish
work

When does your "work" start (and finish)? Even if you're sort of
"office-based" your work may well take you to remote locations which
you may visit without calling at "the office". I regularly did.

You may telephone somebody on business before you leave home.

Or even after you get home.

Effectively you're home-based, but have access to a desk/bench etc. in
some other place, possibly with colleagues who you occasionally meet.

--
Frank Erskine