Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default OT Windows 7 and Email Client

Dave Plowman (News) wrote
stuart noble wrote

I've got a dual boot (Win7/XP) machine, mainly
because my scanner doesn't have Win7 drivers.

My overall impression after 6 months or so is that Win7
is bloody awful, and what they've done to Office 2007
is worse still. I thought I'd get used to it all but I haven't

I'm happy enough with Win7 after XP

I actually prefer it myself. Quite a bit of stuff like
bluetooth to the phone etc is much better done
and the toolbar in spades.

- but then I don't use OE or IE or MS Office.

I do with all of those and much prefer Win7.

Office is trivially fixed by running 2003 instead of 2007, works fine on
Win7.