Posted to uk.d-i-y
geoff geoff is offline

Default Electric/Water Solar panels ?

In message
,
harry writes
On May 31, 9:18*pm, Andy Champ wrote:
On 29/05/2012 06:12, harry wrote:

The Itiapu dam is amazing size as are the falls. *The weather in the
South of Brasil is almost temperate, it was really cold when we were
there.

Harry, I'm confused. A few days ago you said "They are within easy
walking distance of one another. *The hydro station is only possible
because of the existance [sic] of the falls."

But when I look on Google Earth they seem to be 20 miles apart. On
different rivers.

There also seems to be a damn great city just downstream of the dam.
Surely no-one would be so stupid as to build in a dam flood area?

Andy

I don't remember them being that far apaprt.
There are whole countries built "below" dams. Egypt is below the High
Aswan dam.
I went there too, it was covered in AA guns at the time, they thought
the Jews were gonna blow it up.

No, they were scared you were going to try and press some buttons

I've also been there - what's your point ?...

--
geoff