Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default OT Windows 7 and Email Client

Dave Plowman (News) wrote
PAJ wrote:

I swapped last year from XP to Windows 7 and had to go down
the Pro root to run some programmes. It is a bit of a pain with
printers and devices as it runs in the Windows virtual machine
but it does work after some effort. I use Windows Live and
imported my O.E. mails and stuff without a problem.

If you actually own both versions rather than them being supplied with the
machine, a dual OS system works fine for the odd occasion you'll need XP.

It isnt the odd occasion with an email client.

And is free - Win7 seems to be designed to cope with this.

But isnt as convenient to use as the virtual XP or virtual box and virtual
box is free too.