Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug[_14_] Doug[_14_] is offline

Default New Homelite Trimmer Won't Start

On Fri, 01 Jun 2012 00:03:39 -0400, frank1492
wrote:

This has been used only a few times. Today it wouldn't start.
Followed the instructions carefully and even tried spraying quikstart
into the carburetor. Never fired, not even once.
I'm usually pretty good at diagnosing, but this has me stumped.
Any help you could give would be most appreciated. (Yes, the
compression is fine.)
I did notice that the priming bulb was full and that it didn't
seem to depress well (too much resistance) as though it wasn't pumping
the gas properly, but I may be off on that.
Thank you.
Frank

If it's still under the return policy, just return it. Otherwise
maybe flooded??? I recall in the old days, to pull the plug and just
pull the cord multiple times to unflood it. Check the plug to make
sure it's still clean ... not full of oil at gapped end. Then put it
back, prime as normal and try to start again. I know mine (different
brand) is probably made by a female because it's tempermental at
times. Other times, it starts fine.