Posted to alt.home.repair
Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default wheel in garage for winding up hose on, broke off. Replacement?

On Fri, 1 Jun 2012 01:02:52 +0000 (UTC), (David
Combs) wrote:

Not a simple fix. Besides, I don't use it for
hose any more. (Wraps hose too tight; the flexing
not good for the hose. Doesn't seem to bother
a #12 extension cord.)

And don't pay attention to the anti-plastic fanatics.
I've cranked 150' of hose on and off the one I hung
on my brick wall about 7 years ago.
A Suncast, something like the WM200 here
http://hosereel.suncast.com/selector/
Check out that TWM200.
Level wind, like my baitcasting reels.
I only paid about 30 bucks for it at one of the Borgs..
Looks and works like new - and not a spot of rust on it.
The wood cleats I used don't look too good though.

--
Vic