Posted to alt.home.repair
Dan Espen[_2_] Dan Espen[_2_] is offline

Default Samsung front loading dryer - drum not turning

" writes:

My wife turned on the dryer thi morning, and the drum was not turning,
but all else seems to be in order. It is, of course, out of warranty.

The background is that yesterday she heard something rattling in the
dryer and assumed it was coins from a pocket or something like that.
She shut it off, and forgot about it until this morning. When she
turned it back on, she got everyting but the barrel rotation.

Suggestions? I've never repaired one of these, but if its something
simple, I'd rather give it a shot than pay for a dervice call.

Most likely the belt that goes around the drum broke or slipped off
the pulleys.

The "trick" with dryers is getting them open.
Usually you stick a flat bladed tool into the seam at 2 places and
that pops the front off. Then you will be able to see what's going on.

Do some searches for your model for details.

--
Dan Espen