Posted to sci.electronics.repair
nvic nvic is offline

Default DVD burner screwed by 2nd burner added to system

On May 31, 1:38*pm, mike wrote:
On May 31, 12:00*pm, nvic wrote:

I still have the LS50 in my main PC...It makes coasters, and only
reads CDs. It won't read DVDs, and will usually freeze the PC if one
is inserted. The PC then hangs while posting if rebooted, unless I
remove the DVD first. LightScribe doesn't work (freezes PC when I try
to burn the label).

Now that you mention it, I did have the drive refuse to install a
couple times

When they failed, I tried reinstalling in device manager. Didn't help.
I moved them to another PC...same results. I tried a firmware update
on two of them. It succeeded both times, but didn't fix anything.

Just curious, do the LG drives have CD abilities still?

Two of the three do. They only read CDs though, and won't burn
anything. The third refused to even read CDs, so I binned it a while
back.