Oliver Brearley

Default Removing glue from skirting board

Antony wrote in message
.. .
I'm replacing laminate flooring with carpet. I've taken some beading off
that was fastened all around the skirting board with glue. It came off
easily but there's a noticable trail of glue all round the skirting that

is
difficult to shift.

What's the best way to remove this? I've tried sanding but with no

success.
I've tried a chisel but it's a slow process and I've got 20m of board to

do.

Any suggestions?

Some steam wallpaper strippers come with a small attachment head attachment.
Maybe heating the glue will help to remove it. Better still a belt sander
(B&Q Pro ~£70) with a `light touch' will eat through this, then use an
orbital sander for a fine finish. If there's any staining of the wood then
liquid paint stripper will help remove this together will a paint /
wallpaper stripping knife.

However, get down to a timber merchant and cost it for replacement, you may
be surprised !

Hope this helps - Oliver.