Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jonathan Jonathan is offline

Default And you thought some of the English building regs were OTT?

On May 31, 12:37*am, Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:
On Wed, 30 May 2012 23:52:36 +0100, John Rumm

wrote:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-18266064

**** the moaning *******s. This is good thing.
I'm fitting sprinklers in my gaff and it's not so much to save my
life, although that's important enough; it's so that I don't have to
stand at the side of the road watching my house burn to the ground
while the local volunteer fire brigade get their act together.
I don't mind clearing up some water damage - who gives a ****e about
that if the majority of the house is intact.

Our smoke detectors are very sensitive. Would sprinklers be triggered
by the same mechanism, resulting in a wet house whenever the toast is
burnt!

Jonathan