Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nightjar Nightjar is offline

Default And you thought some of the English building regs were OTT?

On 31/05/2012 00:37, Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:
On Wed, 30 May 2012 23:52:36 +0100, John Rumm
wrote:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-18266064

**** the moaning *******s. This is good thing.
I'm fitting sprinklers in my gaff and it's not so much to save my
life, although that's important enough; it's so that I don't have to
stand at the side of the road watching my house burn to the ground
while the local volunteer fire brigade get their act together.
I don't mind clearing up some water damage - who gives a ****e about
that if the majority of the house is intact.

Having seen the speed of a fire brigade boat on a shout in Venice, it is
no surprise that you see sprinklers in so many hotels there. They make
sense wherever the response time is likely to be slow and, in America,
have been proven to be very effective at stopping the upward spread of
fire in tall buildings.

Colin Bignell