Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fredxx[_3_] Fredxx[_3_] is offline

Default And you thought some of the English building regs were OTT?

On 31/05/2012 00:31, Cash wrote:
John Rumm wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-18266064

John,

As one who over the years has been involved in repairing several fire
damaged dwellings (two with fatalities) [1], I think that sprinklers in
dwellings are a bloody good idea, and is one of those where the value of
fitting them could well far outweigh the costs in lives saved and reduced
injuries.

That's the whole problem you don't seem to get. A lot less than £6.7m
could be spent in saving one person in other fields. Town bypasses
could be just one. I'm sure others here will come up with other
suggestions.