Posted to alt.home.repair
SMS SMS is offline

Default Zapping NiCads

In 1972, Popular Electronics had an article about how to fix NiCad
batteries that had developed an internal short and would not take a
charge. Last week I had two Dewalt battery packs (6 batteries in each)
that wouldn't charge (charger gave the fast blink error). I hauled out
my high-current power supply and zapped each cell 20 times. The packs
both work fine now.

Note that you have to disassemble the battery pack to zap Ni-Cads
because you must zap each individual cell, not the entire pack at once.
Also this is not for NiMH cells or Li-Ion cells, only NiCad cells.