Posted to rec.woodworking
CW[_8_] CW[_8_] is offline

Default Flooring question - how thin

"Mike Marlow" wrote in message

CW wrote:
"Mike Marlow" wrote in message

CW wrote:

So, the house that the floor is to be installed in was built in the
1700s ?

Nope. It's about 200 years old and has been almost totally
remodeled/rebuilt. But - the original "rebuilders" did a good job of
trying to maintain the character of the original house. It sits on
exactly the same footprint, and that kind of thing.

It is probably noteworthy that while the experiences of folks in VA
represent very valid experiences, up here was a lot different 200
years ago. I haven't been fallowing this thread from the beginning so
I don't know where "up here" is.

Sorry - Central NY - around Syracuse. The eastern part of the state is a
lot older than the central and western parts, but there's some pretty old
stuff around here. I grew up outside of Albany and there is some very old
architecture around the Hudson Valley. Lots of pre-Revolutionary War stuff.
Really neat architecture there.
I was in Massachusetts.

--

-Mike-