Posted to rec.woodworking
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default And The Creek Keeps Ris'n

On Wed, 30 May 2012 14:30:12 -0600, Just Wondering
wrote:

At what cost? Who is going to spend the mammoth cost to install a
nationwide NG system when the demand isn't there? And haw are you going
to create the demand without a ready supply? Explain why this is not an
insurmountable Catch-22.

Only insurmountable to a pessimist. Look at all the big inventions
that we take for granted today and had no infrastructure. The
telegraph, Television, the electric grid, natural gas for heating and
cooking, telephone, cell towers, containerized shipping, railroads,
and the list goes on.

The fact that NG is running under much of the country already makes is
very practical. Home charging stations are already available.

Take that line running down the street, tee off to a gas station,
install the compression equipment and yo are good to go.

But even then you could carry extra fuel in a gas can. You can't do
that with NG.

Are you sure? Look at all the gasses now carried in tanks. Acetylene,
nitrogen, oxygen. I don't now the practicality today, but we put a
man on the moon, we can come up with a simple spare CG can.

As for infrastructure, take a look at FedEx. Do you know how many
packages are carried each day? Do you know how many packages were
carried the first day it started service? ONE. But they had the
infrastructure and grew into it.