Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
MrFightGuy MrFightGuy is offline

Default Bending 1/8 inch thick 7075-T6 aluminum

On May 26, 7:20*am, "Jim Wilkins" wrote:
"MrFightGuy" wrote

Okay...keep in mind for the rounds, all I need is a 2-inch deep dish
on a 21 - 24 inch piece. *HF has a pneumatic planishing hammer that
sells for just over 100 bucks and gets good reviews from customers,
but I don't know if it'll even put a dent in 1/8 inch thick 7075.

If you can't make them, maybe you can buy them as tank heads (or
rejects):http://www.bakertankhead.com/product...d-non-code.htm

jsw

Interesting idea, but I'm not seeing anything in the right
configuration on those sites, and I'm guessing that buying a tankhead
and then modifying it is going a heck of a lot more expensive than
trying to find a machine shop to spin/roll some pre-cut sheets of
aluminum.