Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default And you thought some of the English building regs were OTT?

Grimly Curmudgeon wrote
John Rumm wrote

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-18266064

**** the moaning *******s. This is good thing.

Not compulsory in all new houses it isnt.

I'm fitting sprinklers in my gaff and it's not so much to save my
life, although that's important enough; it's so that I don't have to
stand at the side of the road watching my house burn to the ground
while the local volunteer fire brigade get their act together.

You've always been welcome to do anything you like,
but you arent welcome to make everyone di it the way
you choose to do it yourself.

I don't mind clearing up some water damage - who gives
a ****e about that if the majority of the house is intact.

Those that choose to do something else in the event of a substantial fire.
and those who ensure that there cant be substantial fire and so don't
need to pay the substantial cost of what w2ont ever be used.