Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default cutting straight edge in wood with dremel

zzzzzzzzzz wrote:

Yep. In the past week, I used a Dremel on a cabinet door. I used the
tool to cut the heads off the screws holding the door in place as it
was petrified by at least three coats of some god-awful paint.

Once that awfulness was out of the way, I was able to vise-grip the
screw stubs to remove the suckers.

Good grief. These things from the bronze age?

Early '60's for sure.

Anyway, that process turned out to be too much work and too time consuming.
I searched for a better way.

At first I tried incantations hoping for a miracle. Inasmuch as I had been a
bad boy all week, my prostrations and entreaties evidently fell on deaf
ears. (I considered a burnt offering, but then thought, "Nah".)

I finally settles on slathering a hefty dose of fuming methylene chloride.
The screws surrendered. All turned out well.