Posted to alt.home.repair
T. Keating T. Keating is offline

Default a problem with electric meters?

On Wed, 30 May 2012 07:39:54 -0500, dpb wrote:

On 5/30/2012 6:58 AM, T. Keating wrote:

That feature is in most smart meters or can be added with a simple
download. I know for a fact that FPL's 4.3 million smart meters have
that feature. (I talked to GE's tech support, the manufacturer
FPL'ssmart meters, about the undocumented ordering features/codes. )

The recharge/reactivation is done wirelessly.

Do you know which is the specific model FPL is using (the I-210+ or
I-210+c)?

FPL is deploying the I-210+ (no C suffix) for nearly all of it's
residential customers. ( I refused permission to change out my
meter.)

Ordering options on FPL's I-210+ are..

O = AMR,
V2 = Simple Voltage event monitor,
F2 = Demand limit,
J2 = Emergency Load reduction(same leg of 110V connected to both
sides, no=220v appliance operation.)
U2 = Remote disconnect & Prepaid disconnect.

They are prepayment-capable but doesn't mean FPL either ordered it or is
planning to.

See above.. ..