Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Cutting corrugated sheets

wrote in message
For cutting corrugated, I use a metal cut off disc in a 9 1/4 saw
or for smaller stuff a 1 mm disc in an angle grinder. Lotsa noise
&
sparks, watch for grass or other combustibles. I has a grass fire
start from 6 metres away, all around where I was working was bare
soil.
Alan

I bought an old Sears table saw with the blade arbor pulley safely
outside the base housing to use for sawing sheet metal with abrasive
cutoff disks. The table tilts rather than the blade, making it very
inconvenient for sheets of plywood.

The motor is under the plate the saw mounts on, protected from the
stream of sparks. It's weight tensions the belt so it lifts when the
blade jams. The fine adjustment is a rubber hockey puck wedged under
the hinged motor plate. I raised the saw base on blocks so I can blow
out all the sawdust before cutting sheetmetal.

If the cut edge is up, under another sheet or the ridge cap, the LPS3
I spray on it is enough to minimize rusting where the zinc has been
burned. Otherwise I cut the sheets with an air shear like this.
http://www.compresoresyherramientasd...m)_gp-838c.jpg
and lotsa hand pressure.

If you or storms mess up the corrugations you can reshape them over 2"
pipe with a plastic hammer:
https://picasaweb.google.com/KB1DAL/...85907089791234
https://picasaweb.google.com/KB1DAL/...85348223415954
https://picasaweb.google.com/KB1DAL/...83909402381154