Posted to sci.electronics.repair
gregz gregz is offline

Default any way to calibrate digital thermometer?

"Johnny Appleseed" wrote:
I have a digital thermometer like the one he

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Acurite-Wi...meter/16888921

The temperature the outdoor sensor reads is at least 3 degrees off from
what it should be. Is there any way to adjust the temperature reading in
these units? The instructions don't say anything about this issue.

Thanks,
John

Outdoor remote sensors. Something I asked for a couple years before they
existed for home use.

Mine vary. I have two. 2-3 degrees. I have not tinkered with circuitry. I
also have a third I have not compared. One is under my porch roof. As the
patio heats up from the sun in the afternoon, it rises from true ambient.

It's very tricky to calibrate ordinary probe devices, something I did
frequently. Probes need to be on top of each other. Even in water, you must
circulate it very fast for accuracy.

Greg