Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Table saw accident

On 5/29/2012 10:59 AM, -MIKE- wrote:

just like any other table saw incident. (they're not accidents). Morons
doing things they shouldn't be doing.

Actually you do not have to be a moron to have an accident, and while
all accidents are preventable every one will eventually die regardless
of what preventative measures they take and 99% of all wood workers will
have some kind of accident and it will be more likely the more they
woodworking they, I don't give a damn who you think you are.
A moron is the person that thinks that he is the safety GOD.

I'm very thankful for the small scar on my finger from the relatively
harmless but nonetheless scary kickback accident I had on my old Ryobi
TS which kick-started my adherence to certain TS safety techniques.

Every time I see the scar, and the rest of the finger protruding after
it, it's a reminder to be thankful and to take the extra steps.

With a few exceptions I probably have spent more time on a TS than most
anyone in this group. And I can say in all honestly that I have been
seriously hurt more than once. I vividly remember that each time I was
no longer cutting wood.