Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Cutting corrugated sheets

"Steve B" wrote in message
I have about 25 sheets of Fabral MightyRib that I need to cut.

http://www.fabral.com/products/mighti-rib-pbr

Some, I need to cut in half on the ninety, others, I need to cut into
about two feet long pieces, with one end diagonal.

I have a compound radial saw that I think could be set up on top of my 4'
x 10' welding table, and bolted down. A feed made up of roller stands
would hold the material, and it could be clamped in place.

A metal cutting blade would have to spin slower than the speed of this
saw. Can I use a dimmer to slow the blade down, or would that screw up the
saw/

Is it a universal brush motor? If so you can reduce speed with a router
speed control rated for the current of the saw. If it's an AC induction
motor then no.

I tried some experiments with "light dimmers" and felt they didn't work very
well for motor speed control, but then I didn't know that AC induction
motors don't like to be speed controlled that way.

Roller stands and roller tables are awesome tools to have. I use mine for
all kinds of things. I wish I had a couple more.... and a better place to
store them. LOL.