Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.finance

Default VAT payment deadlines & small traders. A warning. (Long)

A.Lee wrote:

the main point they made was that the CH paperwork is easy

The stuff for CH and the payroll stuff (including end of year) is easy,
the VAT is straightforward too (if applicable) easiest to use cash VAT
accounting while you're small enough to be allowed to use it, and maybe
worthwhile using one of the industry specific flat rate schemes.

the Tax return is far harder

I've always done my own personal tax returns (on the grounds that their
adverts say how easy it is, so I take the position I shouldn't need an
accountant far that) but the corporation tax return I don't think I'd
fancy, it seems designed with accountants in mind.