Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.finance
A.Lee A.Lee is offline

Default VAT payment deadlines & small traders. A warning. (Long)

Tim Lamb wrote:

In message , A.Lee ...

I did mine today. I'm now a Company Director! [1]

And, being as this is a DIY group, all done DIY, £18 total cost.

Business use letting of agricultural barns is treated as unearned income
which is OK until there is some capital gains to account (land sale
etc.) when my total income exceeds the threshold for the next tax band.

Can you point to a help source?

These 2 are the official sources:
http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg...&topicId=10738
58805

and

http://companieshouse.gov.uk/index.shtml

Loads of other pages if you google.

In your situation, you'd need to find if it is suitable for your needs.
A clued up Accountant would probably be better than 100 opinions on the
web/newsgroups.

I just walked into a local one today, said "how much for half an hours
advice?" and walked out 15 minutes later with all my queries answered,
and they didnt want to be paid.
the main pint they made was that the CH paperwork is easy, the Tax
return is far harder, and needs to be submitted in a standard format so
that HMRC can understand it, and not give you a penalty charge for doing
it wrongly.

HTH
Alan.