Patrick Olguin

Default Neanderthal-style Shelf Installation (long)

Jim Wilson wrote in message hlink.net...
Conan the Librarian wrote...

So my question is, how much of that was true?

Come on, fess up, O'Deener. :-)

MUM WMF CMNGK. removes hook I'm with Chuck.

You had to be divulging some truth in there. It was just too much like
real life! So, what's the scoop? Details, please!

It's not all that exciting .

Everything was the gospel truth until I hit the non-existent water
pipe. The Parsons brace easily bored into the studs like they wuz
buttuh. Driving the #12 screws with a hex shank chucked into the
brace was so satisfyingly ridiculously easy, it was almost criminal.
A ratcheting brace is very handy when dealing with tight tolerances
(like a wall or the edge of a large bracket) where a drill-driver with
much more *girth* wouldn't be able to fit. Plus, no cordless drill
can approach the immense torque of a brace. And even if it could, it
doesn't offer the feedback you get with a brace, when you can actually
feel the metal of the screw head stretching and stop before you snap
it off.

When the two techs slid the TV/stand under the shelf, the older feller
remarked, "fits like a glove." I had a difficult time disputing his
opinion.

Well, you can judge for yourself easily enough.

http://www.klownhammer.org/speaker

And that, they say, is the rest of the story

O'Deen