Bruce

Default anyone work for Lowe's or Home Depot?

wrote in message
On Sat, 3 Apr 2004 21:30:20 -0800, "Bruce"

wrote:

This was about 2 years ago and since then he
mentioned a raise at least a couple of times. He has a lot
of forklift experience but had never worked in a place like
that before. He likes it and most of the other employees
at the store seem to like their jobs ok.

Minimum wage here
is $6.75/hr, (I think) so he may be coming close to doubling
that by now. Not going to get rich doing that but he has good
benefits and room for advancement.

Thanks for all that...those are all things that are very
important to me.

You bet. I'm sure HD's are a little different depending upon
where it's located.

I doubt that any HD
anywhere would actually pay minimum wage.

So do I, and wonder why someone would present such
an ignorant bit of "information" to anyone else, especially
in a public forum.

Because some people on this forum want to think they
know something about every topic and post accordingly.
In this case the guy is obviously a bitter old man, (or at
least thinks like one) and really thinks that if it ain't a
"Mom and Pop" store it must be evil. Probably still
shops at the stores he hates too.

Around here
if you run a forklift you will definitely get above minimum
wage.
And in response to the rest of your rant...Damn The Man!
The Man is always trying to get me down! Workers unite!
Damn The Man!

Bruce
Redding, Ca.

Damn the SOB I'm currently working for...a greedy,
dishonest asshole who lies to and about his employees
for no apparent reason other than to hurt them, who
never realizes his own mistakes meaning that he makes
a lot of them (since he can't try to get over making them
if he won't even acknowledge them), at the expense of
those who are trying to work for him (as well as himself).
Not damn him to Hell, but damn him to what he deserves!!!

Yeah, well, welcome to the world of working for someone else.
I've had good bosses and bad ones in all sorts of types of work.
Some lines of work lend themselves to having a disproportionate
number of assholes compared to others. The best boss I've ever
had has been myself. But then I have to deal with customers and
just like bosses, some are nice and some aren't. But without
those pesky customers all my job would be is a hobby.

Bruce
Redding, Ca.