Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley[_2_] ransley[_2_] is offline

Default Weirdness from my lawn mower

On May 28, 7:55*pm, Kurt Ullman wrote:
Year old walk behind self-propelled. Sometimes it won't start, other
times it starts and runs for about 10-15 minutes and stops. Even if
starts, when I turn it off to get drink of water or other reason, it
won't start again for an hour or two.
* * *It just doesn't catch when it won't start at all. No sputtering,
etc. However, when it does start, when it stops on its own, there is
usually a faltering and then it stops. Almost like a vapor lock. Any
ideas of what is happening and how I can fix it?
* * *It is new gas (actually less than a week) and the can I am getting
it from was bought new for this season so I doubt problems with that. I
cleaned the foam air cleaner after every use because parts of my lawn
are fairly dusty.

A few times I had that issue it was electrical as in ignition module
or coil , start with a new plug and check plug wire, to me the fact
when you turn it off it won't start again shows it could be the module
as it gets hotter after its shut off, that would be a time to remove
the plug , ground it and have someone pull the mower to see if you get
a good spark. Or spray gas into the carb to see if it's fuel related