Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,misc.consumers.house

Default a problem with electric meters?

On Mon, 28 May 2012 12:25:38 -0500, dpb wrote:

On 5/28/2012 12:10 PM, NotMe wrote:

Recall phone company charged and still do for touch tone service when it was
actually cheaper for them to use touch tone than dial pulse.

Not what I recall--we were still on pulse until SW Bell finally
converted the tie-in to the switches in town (within the last 15 years)
and afaicr the base rate didn't change.

Up here on Bell Canada we still had a pulse line until last year when
we replaced our last rotary phone. Charge went up when we got touch
tone. They had been a bit miffed for years that we had not changed
up.