Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike M Mike M is offline

Default Table saw accident

On Sun, 27 May 2012 15:06:49 -0500, Swingman wrote:

On 5/27/2012 2:47 PM, dpb wrote:
On 5/27/2012 1:57 PM, dpb wrote:
On 5/27/2012 11:18 AM, Swingman wrote:

While your above method will almost certainly reduce the chances of a
catastrophe like the one described, it may also mean you end up with a
less than perfect "zero clearance" for obvious reasons of slight
movement.

Never seen it...

Movement where? The insert is in the cutout in the saw; all that's
needed is enough downward pressure to keep it from coming out during the
cut. It isn't going anywhere laterally unless it doesn't fit the opening
in which case it won't be precise, anyway.

Don't take my word for it. Watch the video link provided, where the guy
is indeed using a PM 66 fence.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eZ9QaOeUxM

FastForward to 2:25, if so inclined.

Thanks Karl, though I've been successful with the fence method, but
there is alway the one time. Working as a commercial electrician
after many safety meeting had it drilled into my head to not stand in
front of 480 volt services when first turned on. They occasionally
explode. So stand to the side or best option is have the apprentice
do it. I thank you for the link as I prefer to keep the functioning
parts of my body out of the danger zone.

Mike M