Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.finance
geoff geoff is offline

Default VAT payment deadlines & small traders. A warning. (Long)

In message o.uk, Dave
Liquorice writes
On Mon, 28 May 2012 02:01:14 +0100, geoff wrote:

But what's the point of any other system than DD?

They're going to take the money anyway, why not leave the responsibility
to them ?

You trust the government (of any colour) to have open access to your
bank account? With large variable amounts I like to be in charge of
when it leaves may account, otherwise it's easy to get caught by the
DD going out before a credit has arrived even if they are supposed to
be on the same day. Hum, now where have I heard that story recently?

But you don't have control, insomuch as if you miss the deadline, you
get a hefty fine

You already have an extension if you pay by DD

--
geoff